Who to spend Valentines Days with.... my chef is working!

That time of year again, a build up to the bid day of lovers.. but who do we spend our day with?

Yes as the OH of a Chef I am once again alone.... A chef is required to work almost 365 days a year and of course that includes Valentines Day!

This is a day that lovers come together.... couples holding hands over a candle lit table for two. Yet my lover is a chef and the table is group of singlets.

Many know that valentines day has been born from a commercial hype but deep down its a romantic opportuntity..... I dont need the dozen rose, Im just looking foward to the simple hug when the chef gets home from work.

2 comments:

Hilary Battes said...

Beautifully said. I guess things are not different on Valentine's Day across the pond.

Marianna said...

Ah yes. Valentine's Day alone is something I don't look forward to either. But I told my BF to buy me some Valentines' day candy the day after when it's all 50% off, and we shall go to dinner on a random weekday (as usual) and have a nice time out. I find it very unfair Valentine's Day falls on a Sunday! I want to come to London in spring. Can't wait to eat at some good places.